Preston 48 Hugger Dc Ceiling Fan Cct Light
Be hip with differences between AC, DC or EC fan motors!
Alternating Current (AC)
AC motors require a higher voltage input of 240v for Australia. They can be hardwired in an electrical lighting circuit or plug in to a standard 10amp power point.
Unlike a DC motor, they do not require an external power supply, which allows them to be hardwired into existing household electrics.
Direct Current (DC)
DC motors require a DC power supply to covert the mains power 240v to a Lower running voltage required specs.
DC motors have lower energy consumption than AC, sometimes consuming 50% less power, which means more energy savings and lower operating costs. Over the course of their working life, the savings far exceed the price difference between AC and DC fans, making DC fans a much better long-term investment for your household.
Electronically Commutated (EC)
EC motors also use less power than a comparable AC fan. They are a more modern, improved version of DC fans. EC Fans run at much lower temperatures than other motors and will operate in harsh tropical conditions.
EC motors will play a big part in the fan industry. They are already superceding DC motors and will take the place of many conventional AC motors in the future.
A low-profile design, with clean, modern look makes the Preston an ideal ceiling fan for homes & apartments with lower ceiling heights. Featuring a powerful DC motor paired with an aerodynamic blade design, this hugger style fan can provide comfortable and effective airflow all year round.
- High strength, corrosion proof and easy clean ABS blades
- The Windbreeze mode varies the fan speed to simulate a natural breeze effect.
- 6 speed remote control with timer included.
- Reversible All-Seasons technology for use all year round
- Powerful 30W DC motor
- 20W dimmable & tri-colour temperature adjustable light kit Easily change colour temperature (CCT) from warm white 3000K, cool white 4000K to natural white 5700K.
- Uses Brilliant's Quick Connect Plug System to reduce install time