Tropicana Ceiling Fan 54inch Blades
Be hip with differences between AC, DC or EC fan motors!
Alternating Current (AC)
AC motors require a higher voltage input of 240v for Australia. They can be hardwired in an electrical lighting circuit or plug in to a standard 10amp power point.
Unlike a DC motor, they do not require an external power supply, which allows them to be hardwired into existing household electrics.
Direct Current (DC)
DC motors require a DC power supply to covert the mains power 240v to a Lower running voltage required specs.
DC motors have lower energy consumption than AC, sometimes consuming 50% less power, which means more energy savings and lower operating costs. Over the course of their working life, the savings far exceed the price difference between AC and DC fans, making DC fans a much better long-term investment for your household.
Electronically Commutated (EC)
EC motors also use less power than a comparable AC fan. They are a more modern, improved version of DC fans. EC Fans run at much lower temperatures than other motors and will operate in harsh tropical conditions.
EC motors will play a big part in the fan industry. They are already superceding DC motors and will take the place of many conventional AC motors in the future.
Transform your space into a relaxed, resort-style atmosphere with the 54″ Tropicana ceiling fan. Inspired by palm leaves and cool breezes, the Tropicana’s beautifully detailed polymer blades have been carefully crafted to evoke a resort-style aesthetic. Utilising 5 palm-shaped ABS blades coupled with a reliable AC motor, the Tropicana ceiling fan offers a long-lasting and easy to clean cooling solution.
The tropical style blades are crafted from all-weather polymer (a high-grade, stunningly detailed plastic that’s completely resistant to rust and corrosion) to provide quiet and gentle airflow. The Tropicana includes a 3-speed wall controller as standard, with accessory remote controls and an optional LED light kit also available.
- Tried and true reliable AC motor engineered with long-life components optimised for Australian power systems to guarantee cooling for years to come.
- Cleverly crafted all-weather polymer blades are made of a high-grade ABS plastic that ensures highly efficient and quiet air delivery.
- The ABS injection moulded blades are corrosion-proof, UV stabilized ABS, easy to maintain, weather-resistant and long-wearing.
- The minimalist motor design contrasts impressively with the palm-inspired polymer blades to make a statement in any space.
- Reversible motor allows you to change the direction of your fan seasonally, for a cooling effect in the summer and warm air distribution in the winter.
- High-quality copper windings, silicone steel stators and permanently lubricated bearings ensure smooth, whisper-quiet cooling.
- Mi Smart Remote Control compatible for convenient hand piece control and smart device connectivity.
- 3 year warranty