Tropicana Ceiling Fan 72inch Long Curved Blades
Be hip with differences between AC, DC or EC fan motors!
Alternating Current (AC)
AC motors require a higher voltage input of 240v for Australia. They can be hardwired in an electrical lighting circuit or plug in to a standard 10amp power point.
Unlike a DC motor, they do not require an external power supply, which allows them to be hardwired into existing household electrics.
Direct Current (DC)
DC motors require a DC power supply to covert the mains power 240v to a Lower running voltage required specs.
DC motors have lower energy consumption than AC, sometimes consuming 50% less power, which means more energy savings and lower operating costs. Over the course of their working life, the savings far exceed the price difference between AC and DC fans, making DC fans a much better long-term investment for your household.
Electronically Commutated (EC)
EC motors also use less power than a comparable AC fan. They are a more modern, improved version of DC fans. EC Fans run at much lower temperatures than other motors and will operate in harsh tropical conditions.
EC motors will play a big part in the fan industry. They are already superceding DC motors and will take the place of many conventional AC motors in the future.
The Tropicana 72″ ceiling fan will make a statement no matter where it’s installed, but it’s especially effective in large enclosed spaces. With an impressive blade span of 72 inches (183 cm), this elegant fan is ideal for spaces with high ceilings or large living areas.
The Tropicana’s streamlined motor design offers a minimalistic look that contrasts impressively with the sweeping curved blades which help to give the fan its distinctive look. Matte White or Oil-rubbed Bronze finishes are available on the motor and the fan blades are available in Walnut and White Wash finishes.
- Ideal for large, enclosed living spaces where sweeping air circulation is desired and high velocity (wind chill) cooling is not preferred.
- Tried and true reliable AC motor engineered with long-life components optimised for Australian power systems to guarantee cooling for years to come.
- Aluminium blades are low maintenance, long-lasting, and quieter than metal blades.
- The minimalist motor design contrasts impressively with the palm-inspired polymer blades to make a statement in any space.
- Efficient motor technology helps you stay cool in style for only cents a day.
- High-quality copper windings, silicone steel stators, and permanently lubricated bearings ensure smooth, whisper-quiet cooling.
- Reversible motor allows you to change the direction of your fan seasonally, for a cooling effect in the summer and warm air distribution in the winter.
- High-quality copper windings, silicone steel stators and permanently lubricated bearings ensure smooth, whisper-quiet cooling.
- Mi Smart Remote Control compatible for convenient hand piece control and smart device connectivity.